POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google is your friend Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Google is your friend (Message 5 to 14 of 34)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Google is your friend
Date: 30 Aug 2012 01:45:51
Message: <503efe0f@news.povray.org>
On 29/08/2012 9:46 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> In summary, this test boils down to "how much stuff can you Google about
>>> VB.Net in just 30 minutes?"
>>>

>> So! What is wrong with that?
>
> I believe the purpose of the test was to find out if you *know* VB,

That is what you are taught at school.

> not whether you can Google it really, really fast. ;-)

This is RL
And what Jim said.

>> It is a tool of the trade, now. That and the F1 key.
>
> This makes me sad.

It makes me sad that makes you sad.

>> Good luck with it. :-D
>
> Thanks. Luck is what it'll take...

Yes we all need luck.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 30 Aug 2012 02:39:04
Message: <503f0a88$1@news.povray.org>
>> I believe the purpose of the test was to find out if you *know* VB,
>
> That is what you are taught at school.
>
>> not whether you can Google it really, really fast. ;-)
>
> This is RL
> And what Jim said.

Sure. I mean, who needs a solid background understanding of a complex
problem in order to solve parts of it?

> Yes we all need luck.

No. Some of us are GOOD...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Aug 2012 11:24:18
Message: <503f85a2$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:39:12 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> I believe the purpose of the test was to find out if you *know* VB,
>>
>> That is what you are taught at school.
>>
>>> not whether you can Google it really, really fast. ;-)
>>
>> This is RL And what Jim said.
>
> Sure. I mean, who needs a solid background understanding of a complex
> problem in order to solve parts of it?

The number of that kind of complex problem in today's business world is
relatively small, unless you are into engineering, complex software
development, or a similar field.

As a service economy, though, most "problems" are customer service
problems, and those are relatively easy to resolve.

>> Yes we all need luck.
>
> No. Some of us are GOOD...

Being good isn't enough.  I'm actually *very* good at the things I do,
but so far all I've found that's a good fit is contract work.  But I'm
picky.

Jim

Post a reply to this message