POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google is your friend : Re: Google is your friend Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google is your friend
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 31 Aug 2012 14:01:41
Message: <5040fc05$1@news.povray.org>

>>> I believe the purpose of the test was to find out if you *know* VB,
>>
>> That is what you are taught at school.
>>
>>> not whether you can Google it really, really fast. ;-)
>>
>> This is RL
>> And what Jim said.
>
> Sure. I mean, who needs a solid background understanding of a complex
> problem in order to solve parts of it?

You need a solid background and understanding to answer the "please
describe how you would solve this moderately complex problem" type
questions and a B.A. in Googleology won't help for those, but you don't
need to clutter your brain with all the various switches to the grep
command.

As one of my teachers used to say: "You don't need to remember all of
this stuff [he was talking about various heat transfer differential
equations]... You just need to remember in which book you read it!"