POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  The search continues (Message 61 to 70 of 104)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The search continues
Date: 5 Aug 2012 12:22:38
Message: <501e9dce@news.povray.org>
On 05/08/2012 3:07 PM, Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>>

> Depends on many, many things. But for now, I do feel that is the case. :-)

Good! I'm a "it's time to fill up my glass again" type of person, myself.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Aug 2012 13:43:07
Message: <501eb0ab$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 00:54:50 -0400, waggy wrote:

> Jim Henderson  wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:57:27 -0400, waggy wrote:
>> > Doesn't that depend on how much they're paying and how desperate you
>> > are?
>>
>> Personally, I don't think so.  But I've never been so desperate as to
>> have to compromise my principles for pay.
>>
> I hope you never are.
>
> Although being just shy of living on the streets did help me figure out
> exactly what my principles are, before selling a few.

I can say that I've come close - I nearly had my house foreclosed on many
years ago when I was forced to resign from a particularly ugly job.

>> > Consider the financial services industry.  They appear to value,
>> > very,
>> > very highly, those who can think up new and creative ways to defraud
>> > people.
>>
>> I don't think I could work in that industry at all because of that - I
>> wouldn't even consider looking at it as a career option because it's an
>> industry that's all about greed, and I don't see greed as a virtue.
>>
> Stay away from the US health care industry, too.  "Pay us money or you
> and your loved ones will suffer and die needlessly," is pretty much the
> definition of extortion.

Indeed it is.  The job I mention above?  A benefits administration
company.  Right on the edge of the health care industry.

Fortunately, in the actual care facilities, there are many compassionate
people who do what they can even for those who cannot pay for it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message