POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: andrel
Date: 5 Aug 2012 14:33:17
Message: <501EBC6B.2090707@gmail.com>
On 5-8-2012 10:57, Warp wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>> You were expected to work double time for free. You are a picky a*****e
>> to have ask a salary.
>
> Technically speaking it's illegal here (and I'm sure in most civilized
> countries) to ask an employee to work extra hours without pay, and it's
> also quite illegal to fire them just because they refuse. Yet it happens
> all the time here.
>
> Finnish law protects employees from being fired at a whim, without a good
> reason (monetary problems or employee misconduct are good reasons; the
> refusal of an employee to work extra hours for free certainly isn't). Even
> when the employer does have a good reason to fire the employee, the
> employer must give a three-month notice (except in special circumstances).
>
> Employers get around this tiny problem with a trick: Rather than employ
> people indefinitely, they employ them a few months at a time, always
> renovating the employment contract at the end of the previous one. This
> way they can "soft-fire" someone by simply not renovating the contract.
> This is *technically* legal (because they are not firing anybody), yet
> achieves practically the same effect as firing someone at a whim.

Here you can not do that. Your third consecutive contract can not be a
temporary contract, nor can you have someone on temporary contracts for
3 years in a row (or 5, details change sometimes and I am not following
this closely, though I should). Moreover you can not hire somebody via
an agency and then the same person consecutively via another to
circumvent these rules. It is the hiring party that counts, not the agency.
However, these rules can not explain why I am working for more than 23
years now in the same hospital, doing the same work, on a string of
temporary contracts.

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role