POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Aug 2012 14:47:16
Message: <501ebfb4$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/08/2012 6:47 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 04:57:21 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>>> You were expected to work double time for free. You are a picky a*****e
>>> to have ask a salary.
>>
>> Technically speaking it's illegal here (and I'm sure in most civilized
>> countries) to ask an employee to work extra hours without pay, and it's
>> also quite illegal to fire them just because they refuse. Yet it happens
>> all the time here.
>
> Not in the US.  Salaried employees...

Now there's the rub.

Hourly paid workers work their hours. Salaried staff work untill the job
is done.
I have worked several ghosters (two shifts of 12 hours). Twice when the
clocks went back, making a twenty five hour day. The first time I was a
contractor and got paid for it. The second time, by the grace of my
supervisor got eight hours off. That still did not stop them from making
me redundant when it suited them. LOL

--
Regards
     Stephen