POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  The end of an era (Message 11 to 20 of 52)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: The end of an era
Date: 4 Aug 2012 15:43:55
Message: <501d7b7b$1@news.povray.org>

> The CEO is dumbstruck. He simply has no reply. He had absolutely NO IDEA
> we had just secured new work. He didn't know the half of what it would
> cost. When we asked questions, he simply could not answer. He was unable
> to provide any justification.

On the company's website, you should be able to find last year's
financial report.  By law they have to list anyone who holds more than
5% of the company's stock.  e-Mail your little story to each of those
and see your CEO quickly share the same fate as you.

If your version of the facts holds up, this man has no business running
a company.

On 04/08/2012 08:43 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

> If your version of the facts holds up, this man has no business running
> a company.

Oh, apparently he quit three weeks ago.

Presumably so that there's enough money to pay for /his/ severance
package, even if there isn't enough left to pay ours...

Post a reply to this message

> On 04/08/2012 08:43 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>
> > If your version of the facts holds up, this man has no business running
> > a company.
>
> Oh, apparently he quit three weeks ago.
>
> Presumably so that there's enough money to pay for /his/ severance
> package, even if there isn't enough left to pay ours...

Now this raises your story to level of Epic WTF.

:)

Post a reply to this message

> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> On 04/08/2012 08:43 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>
>>> If your version of the facts holds up, this man has no business running
>>> a company.
>>
>> Oh, apparently he quit three weeks ago.
>>
>> Presumably so that there's enough money to pay for /his/ severance
>> package, even if there isn't enough left to pay ours...
>
> Now this raises your story to level of Epic WTF.

Guy takes over company. Screws it into a cocked hat. Walks off with a
huge bonus and a giant pension. I'm sure it happens every day...

Post a reply to this message

Am 04.08.2012 22:36, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> On 04/08/2012 09:19 PM, waggy wrote:
>> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:

>>> Oh, apparently he quit three weeks ago.
>>>
>>> Presumably so that there's enough money to pay for /his/ severance
>>> package, even if there isn't enough left to pay ours...
>>
>> Now this raises your story to level of Epic WTF.
>
> Guy takes over company. Screws it into a cocked hat. Walks off with a
> huge bonus and a giant pension. I'm sure it happens every day...

Yup. And as he has made the shareholders happy for the moment, the next
company to hire him for his excellent restructuring skills is just
around the corner.

And isn't his management skill plain as hell? Company's figures are
doing bad -> He rushes to the aid -> Company's figures recover while
he's there -> He leaves to tackle other challenges -> Company's figures
plummet again. Too bad they hadn't been able to keep him as a CEO!

F*ck shareholder value.

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:36:09 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Guy takes over company. Screws it into a cocked hat. Walks off with a
> huge bonus and a giant pension. I'm sure it happens every day...

Bain Capital.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Guy takes over company. Screws it into a cocked hat. Walks off with a
>> huge bonus and a giant pension. I'm sure it happens every day...
>
> Yup. And as he has made the shareholders happy for the moment, the next
> company to hire him for his excellent restructuring skills is just
> around the corner.
>
> And isn't his management skill plain as hell? Company's figures are
> doing bad -> He rushes to the aid -> Company's figures recover while
> he's there -> He leaves to tackle other challenges -> Company's figures
> plummet again. Too bad they hadn't been able to keep him as a CEO!
>

> F*ck shareholder value.

This.

A hundred times this.

Post a reply to this message