POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2012 17:35:53
Message: <501d95b9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.08.2012 22:36, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> On 04/08/2012 09:19 PM, waggy wrote:
>> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:

>>> Oh, apparently he quit three weeks ago.
>>>
>>> Presumably so that there's enough money to pay for /his/ severance
>>> package, even if there isn't enough left to pay ours...
>>
>> Now this raises your story to level of Epic WTF.
>
> Guy takes over company. Screws it into a cocked hat. Walks off with a
> huge bonus and a giant pension. I'm sure it happens every day...

Yup. And as he has made the shareholders happy for the moment, the next
company to hire him for his excellent restructuring skills is just
around the corner.

And isn't his management skill plain as hell? Company's figures are
doing bad -> He rushes to the aid -> Company's figures recover while
he's there -> He leaves to tackle other challenges -> Company's figures
plummet again. Too bad they hadn't been able to keep him as a CEO!

F*ck shareholder value.