POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Fiber Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Google Fiber (Message 31 to 40 of 55)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Google Fiber
Date: 3 Aug 2012 08:39:52
Message: <501bc698@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> In my area, they call it a co-op.

Reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_cooperative#Finland I think
it's not exactly the same thing.

The form described there ("asunto-osake") is basically that you buy a
market share of the housing company, and you basically own the apartment.
There's little difference from owning an actual house (except that you
have to pay condo fees, etc).

That's very common here, but it's not the form of living that I'm talking
about. I do not actually own any shares. This is kind of half-way between
owning and renting.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message