POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Fiber : Re: Google Fiber Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Fiber
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Aug 2012 13:18:34
Message: <501c07ea$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/3/2012 5:31, Warp wrote:
> I think the Finnish term that most accurately corresponds to this is
> "asunto-osake", which literally means "apartment share" (as in a stock
> market share). I think that you literally buy a share (in the exact same
> way as you would buy shares of any compnay) and you own the apartment as
> property. The apartment is usually located in a building and you have to
> pay a (relatively small) monthly fee for the maintenance (which would be
> exactly a "condo fee", AFAIK).

Kewl. So some organization or company owns the entire building, and you own
part of that organization, which gives you certain rights in the building. A
neat system. I think I've heard of that in the USA, but it's far from common.

> This form of living is a bit like that, except you don't actually own the
> apartment as property, although you have much more rights to it than with
> a rented apartment.

There's something in the USA called a "time-share", where you own 1/52'nd of
one apartment, and you get to use it during that week, with the intent that
you use it for vacations. Another odd thing I don't think I've seen outside
of north america.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"