POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Favorite Olympic Sport? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Favorite Olympic Sport? (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Favorite Olympic Sport?
Date: 24 Jul 2012 00:46:25
Message: <500e28a1$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:47:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> I thought the national sport was queuing?
>
> A double gold in complaining and queuing. :-)

So that's *two* gold medals you'll get without much effort. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Jul 2012 00:58:51
Message: <500e2b8b$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> No, I meant our neighbourhood.;)

Oh! No, I just thought it a good idea of yours to go to another
continent while they are on.
I a contract at Mercedes HPP now. So maybe my favourite sport should be
F1 racing.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> So that's*two*  gold medals you'll get without much effort.;)

I don't know. It takes years of training to get to Olympic standards.
And there is plenty of competition from our former colonies. :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 05:58:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> No, I meant our neighbourhood.;)
>
> Oh! No, I just thought it a good idea of yours to go to another
> continent while they are on.

<relief> - here I was afraid you were saying you didn't want to meet us
after all. ;)

> I a contract at Mercedes HPP now. So maybe my favourite sport should be
> F1 racing.

LOL

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 06:03:04 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> So that's*two*  gold medals you'll get without much effort.;)
>
> I don't know. It takes years of training to get to Olympic standards.

It's a good thing you've had thousands of years' head start, then. :P

> And there is plenty of competition from our former colonies. :-P

I dunno, I don't think we can compete with the cabbies there in London.
The news has made it all the way to Utah about your 'militant cabbies'. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 24/07/2012 9:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 06:03:04 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> So that's*two*  gold medals you'll get without much effort.;)
>>
>> I don't know. It takes years of training to get to Olympic standards.
>
> It's a good thing you've had thousands of years' head start, then. :P

There we go again, colonial inferiority complex. :-P ^2

>> And there is plenty of competition from our former colonies. :-P
>
> I dunno, I don't think we can compete with the cabbies there in London.
> The news has made it all the way to Utah about your 'militant cabbies'. ;)

It passed me by. ???

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 24/07/2012 9:35 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 05:58:51 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 24/07/2012 5:46 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> No, I meant our neighbourhood.;)
>>
>> Oh! No, I just thought it a good idea of yours to go to another
>> continent while they are on.
>
> <relief> - here I was afraid you were saying you didn't want to meet us
> after all. ;)

What! Are you coming over? Of course I would love to meet up.

>> I a contract at Mercedes HPP now. So maybe my favourite sport should be
>> F1 racing.
>
> LOL

I feel like a fish out of water. Today I was finding excuses not to go
to a race, next year, to do some User testing. Although there was talk
of going to Mercedes MGP to steal a few ideas. That I could live with.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2012 18:29:35
Message: <500f21cf$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:16:27 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/07/2012 9:35 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Oh! No, I just thought it a good idea of yours to go to another
>>> continent while they are on.
>>
>> <relief> - here I was afraid you were saying you didn't want to meet us
>> after all. ;)
>
> What! Are you coming over? Of course I would love to meet up.

Sadly, no - I thought you were saying that you were coming over here
during the London games.

Flights for us were really cheap during the 2002 games, and we were there
during the games here.

>>> I a contract at Mercedes HPP now. So maybe my favourite sport should
>>> be F1 racing.
>>
>> LOL
>>
> I feel like a fish out of water. Today I was finding excuses not to go
> to a race, next year, to do some User testing. Although there was talk
> of going to Mercedes MGP to steal a few ideas. That I could live with.

:)

Just started a new contract this week - and new products to learn (and an
old one to refresh my memory on).  :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2012 18:31:04
Message: <500f2228$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:07:05 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/07/2012 9:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> I don't know. It takes years of training to get to Olympic standards.
>>
>> It's a good thing you've had thousands of years' head start, then. :P
>
> There we go again, colonial inferiority complex. :-P ^2

Oh, no, for my part, I'm perfectly willing to let you have the gold on
this one. ;)

>>> And there is plenty of competition from our former colonies. :-P
>>
>> I dunno, I don't think we can compete with the cabbies there in London.
>> The news has made it all the way to Utah about your 'militant cabbies'.
>> ;)
>>

> It passed me by. ???

London cabbies are upset at the lane restrictions - apparently there are
lanes being reserved for athletes and other officials for the games, and
it's playing hell with the cabbies' ability to do their jobs.

There was a protest on Tower Bridge today from what I heard - with one
driver even diving off the bridge.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2012 17:07:26
Message: <5011b18e$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/07/2012 11:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> What! Are you coming over? Of course I would love to meet up.
>
> Sadly, no - I thought you were saying that you were coming over here
> during the London games.

No, I was joking that I'd rather be in SLC during the London Olympics.

> Just started a new contract this week - and new products to learn (and an
> old one to refresh my memory on).  :)

I hope that it is a long one. And learning keeps your mind active. (I
hope ;-) )

--
Regards
     Stephen