POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Favorite Olympic Sport? : Re: Favorite Olympic Sport? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Favorite Olympic Sport?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jul 2012 18:31:04
Message: <500f2228$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:07:05 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/07/2012 9:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> I don't know. It takes years of training to get to Olympic standards.
>>
>> It's a good thing you've had thousands of years' head start, then. :P
>
> There we go again, colonial inferiority complex. :-P ^2

Oh, no, for my part, I'm perfectly willing to let you have the gold on
this one. ;)

>>> And there is plenty of competition from our former colonies. :-P
>>
>> I dunno, I don't think we can compete with the cabbies there in London.
>> The news has made it all the way to Utah about your 'militant cabbies'.
>> ;)
>>

> It passed me by. ???

London cabbies are upset at the lane restrictions - apparently there are
lanes being reserved for athletes and other officials for the games, and
it's playing hell with the cabbies' ability to do their jobs.

There was a protest on Tower Bridge today from what I heard - with one
driver even diving off the bridge.

Jim