POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Consequence of Military Service Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Another Consequence of Military Service (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Another Consequence of Military Service
Date: 21 Jul 2012 19:01:14
Message: <500b34ba$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2012 5:26, Stephen wrote:
> On 20/07/2012 12:14 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 7/8/2012 21:33, Stephen wrote:
>>> Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTOxcWR1y6E
>>
>> Adam Jensen, Man of Peace.
>>

> Woosh!

I'm not sure what you think whooshed. Did you watch the video to the end?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Jul 2012 03:46:38
Message: <500bafde$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/07/2012 12:01 AM, Darren New wrote:

> I'm not sure what you think whooshed. Did you watch the video to the end?

What went over my head was the link between the hypocrisy of “We come in
peace, shoot to kill” and the psychopathic behaviour of Adam Jensen.
Yes I did watch it to the end and the only thing that struck me was the
crappiness of the fighting. Block-pause-strike, even the 2D Prince of
Persia was more fluid.
Not true that that was the only thing. The misogyny was unsettling too.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:46:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 22/07/2012 12:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what you think whooshed. Did you watch the video to the
>> end?
>
> What went over my head was the link between the hypocrisy of “We come in
> peace, shoot to kill” and the psychopathic behaviour of Adam Jensen. Yes
> I did watch it to the end and the only thing that struck me was the
> crappiness of the fighting. Block-pause-strike, even the 2D Prince of
> Persia was more fluid.
> Not true that that was the only thing. The misogyny was unsettling too.

That's not a factor in the game itself, that's up to the individual
player in this particular video.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 22/07/2012 8:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> That's not a factor in the game itself, that's up to the individual
> player in this particular video.

Shows how much I know about gaming. :-)

I wouldn't like to meet that individual in a dark ally. I might die of
old age. Although I would like to see the meeting with Gail Shaw. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 22/07/2012 12:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what you think whooshed. Did you watch the video to the e
nd?

> What went over my head was the link between the hypocrisy of “W
e come in
> peace, shoot to kill” and the psychopathic behaviour of Adam Je
nsen.
> Yes I did watch it to the end and the only thing that struck me was the

> crappiness of the fighting. Block-pause-strike, even the 2D Prince of P
ersia
> was more fluid.
> Not true that that was the only thing. The misogyny was unsettling too.

You missed the achievement "Pacifist" being granted at the very end?

On 22/07/2012 11:54 PM, Darren New wrote:

> You missed the achievement "Pacifist" being granted at the very end?

To be honest. I had difficulty paying attention.

Okay, shoot to kill, get a peace prize. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 22/07/2012 11:54 PM, Darren New wrote:
>>
>> You missed the achievement "Pacifist" being granted at the very end?
>
> To be honest. I had difficulty paying attention.
>
> Okay, shoot to kill, get a peace prize. ;-)

If you /do/ pay close attention, there's no shooting at all (not from
the player's side at any rate); "only" some heavy punching, kicking and
tazing going on.

Post a reply to this message