POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Meet your maker (Message 41 to 50 of 65)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Meet your maker
Date: 13 Apr 2012 06:16:25
Message: <4f87fcf9$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/04/2012 10:24 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 13/04/2012 8:55 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> That's still quite a bit less than the £800,000 I was expecting to pay
>> for the most basic entry-level Ferrari.
>
> Go on treat yourself
>
> http://www.compucars.co.uk/used-cars/ferrari/?o=cheap

That's still more money than I make in a year. Actually, more than I
make in *two* years... Presumably the insurance is twice as much again.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Apr 2012 06:37:17
Message: <4f8801dd@news.povray.org>
On 13/04/2012 11:16 AM, Invisible wrote:
> That's still more money than I make in a year. Actually, more than I
> make in *two* years...

Here we go, just the thing for you, then.
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Battery-Powered/Famosa-6V-Ferrari-430-Car%280068745%29

> Presumably the insurance is twice as much again.

Is that another one of your guesses?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 13/04/2012 11:16 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> That's still more money than I make in a year. Actually, more than I
>> make in *two* years...
>
> Here we go, just the thing for you, then.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Battery-Powered/Famosa-6V-Ferrari-430-Car%280068745%29

I love how that's a cheap lump of plastic, yet it's /still/ really
expensive. ;-)

>> Presumably the insurance is twice as much again.
>
> Is that another one of your guesses?

Hell, it costs half a months' wages to insure my *current* car, and
that's not even valuable...

Post a reply to this message

> Hell, it costs half a months' wages to insure my *current* car, and
> that's not even valuable...

I knew someone who had a new Ferrari, his insurance was £1200 a year.
There again it probably depends on age and how many accidents you've had
recently.

Post a reply to this message