POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2012 10:47:50
Message: <4f883c96$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/04/2012 03:00 PM, scott wrote:
>> That's more than I make in a month, yeah.
>
> But under 1% of the value of the car

Well, true... ;-)

By the way, don't you love it when you buy something, and people want
you to "insure" it for "only" £££ per week? Like, I bought this crystal
sculpture for £100. They asked me about insurance. The price? A one-time
payment of £90. You know what? I declined. :-P

>> What I do know is this: Last year, a lorry driver wandered into the side
>> of my car. This year my insurance premium doubled. Protected no claims
>> bonus? Yeah, it's *clearly* worth it. :-P
>
> If it was his fault, surely you didn't need to claim on your policy

I thought the idea what that you notify your insurer, and they talk to
the other guy's insurer? At any rate, the guy didn't speak English, and
last I heard they were unable to locate him from the extensive details I
passed on.

> Protected no claims
> doesn't mean your premium won't go up if they think you are higher risk.

No, that's /exactly/ what it's supposed to mean. It means "if I make a
claim, I won't lose my discount". Yet clearly, my premium has gone sky
high...

Take heart though. Santander quoted me £1,700 for the same cover. (!!) I
wasn't paying /that/ much before I passed my frigging driving test. :-P