POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Java: Some things never change Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Java: Some things never change (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Java: Some things never change
Date: 3 Apr 2012 09:14:04
Message: <4f7af79c$1@news.povray.org>
Em 03/04/2012 05:17, Invisible escreveu:
>>> It's interesting, actually. I needed a parser. Since Java doesn't have
>>> any parsing libraries
>>
>> LOL
>
> What I obviously /meant/ was that it doesn't come with one
> out-of-the-box. Sheesh...

well, neither is parsec.  Still, you didn't go on writing your own, did
you? :p

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Apr 2012 09:41:33
Message: <4f7afe0d$1@news.povray.org>

>>> LOL
>>
>> What I obviously /meant/ was that it doesn't come with one
>> out-of-the-box. Sheesh...
>
> well, neither is parsec. Still, you didn't go on writing your own, did
> you? :p

When you install Haskell, Parsec /is/ included in the default install.
(Unless you go with one of the more obscure Haskell implementations.)

When you install the normal JDK bundle, it doesn't include a parsing
library.

OTOH, when you install Haskell, you don't get any GUI capabilities, but
with the JDK you do. They just come with different sets of libraries,
that's all.

Post a reply to this message