POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Monitor sizes (Message 41 to 50 of 70)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Hardware sizes
Date: 9 Mar 2012 00:58:11
Message: <4f599bf3$1@news.povray.org>

Somewhat relevant: http://htwins.net/scale2/

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2012 00:59:12
Message: <4f599c30$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/8/2012 7:56, Invisible wrote:
> Right. So that's why, even though 40nm technology already exists, they don't
> use it just to build (say) USB flash drives. (?)

Because the factories are very expensive to build (like, there's at most a
handful in the world), and they're busy building other things that give
bigger profits.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2012 01:00:52
Message: <4f599c94$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/8/2012 5:13, Invisible wrote:
> would it be prohibitively expensive?

Would it be more expensive than 4 16TB drives? Most likely.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)