POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Americans really are sue-happy... (Message 49 to 58 of 58)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
Date: 20 Feb 2012 16:55:21
Message: <4f42c149$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:27:18 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> That's not the case that we're talking about.  But in that particular
>> case, your own insurance would cover it, if you had insurance.  If you
>> didn't, then yes, you'd pay for it out of pocket.
>
> I'll jump in here as I know that you won't think that I am being
> personal.

I don't see how the following could be taken personally. :)

> One thing that no one has mentioned is the distress, worry or even anger
> that it may have caused the woman who had to go to court to get her
> medical bills paid.

That's certainly true. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2012 17:00:12
Message: <4f42c26c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2012 12:01, andrel wrote:
> What happens if the dead person has not
> enough money in the bank to pay? Will someone sell his car to settle it?

Probably. I don't understand all the details myself, mind, but your "estate"
includes all your belongings. It's basically just like "bankruptcy" except
without any of the protections against stuff like taking your home or means
of employment.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)