POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Black box (Message 61 to 70 of 70)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Black box
Date: 2 Jan 2012 19:38:25
Message: <4f024e01$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:15:58 -0500, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> I've also heard the nonsensical proposition that atheists believe
> themselves to be God (or greater than God), and therefore feel justified
> in setting themselves up as "God" over others' lives.  A case of
> projection, I think.

That's an interesting observation, and I think quite nonsensical myself.

"Tell me, is 3 greater than 0/0?"

How does one evaluate an expression where one value is calculable, and
one value is nonsense (mathematically, "not a number").

Or perhaps more effectively, "is 3 greater than a fish?"

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:38:25 -0500, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:15:58 -0500, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
>> I've also heard the nonsensical proposition that atheists believe
>> themselves to be God (or greater than God), and therefore feel
>> justified in setting themselves up as "God" over others' lives.  A case
>> of projection, I think.
>
> That's an interesting observation, and I think quite nonsensical myself.
>
> "Tell me, is 3 greater than 0/0?"
>
> How does one evaluate an expression where one value is calculable, and
> one value is nonsense (mathematically, "not a number").
>
> Or perhaps more effectively, "is 3 greater than a fish?"

Though arguably, "fish" is something demonstrably real.

Jim

Post a reply to this message