POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jan 2012 23:05:45
Message: <4f052199$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:49:37 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> On 1/1/2012 21:14, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> include, "It feels like its true, or makes me happy.", as a valid
>> criteria for testing an ideas validity,
>
> To be fair, when the idea you're testing is "how can I be happy", this
> makes perfect sense.

That depends on whether what it is that is making you happy is subjective
or objective.

Greta Christina had an excellent blog post about this topic (indeed, the
"Straw Vulcan" talk she references from Skepticon was also interesting).

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2011/12/28/more-rational-than-thou/

Jim