POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of reboots (Message 7 to 16 of 36)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Speaking of reboots
Date: 18 Oct 2011 11:57:15
Message: <4e9da1db$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/sony-tablet

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/vaio-notebooks

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 Oct 2011 12:07:58
Message: <4e9da45e@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2011 2:31, Invisible wrote:
> On 18/10/2011 05:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> My new Sony had to reboot 3 times before it was actually ready to watch.
>> Very odd.
>
> New Sony... what?

Sorry. New Sony TV. Me culpa.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 Oct 2011 12:09:55
Message: <4e9da4d3@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2011 5:13, Francois Labreque wrote:
> Darren's 54" HD TV / portable phone / 18Mpixel DSLR camera / 5.1 surrond
> sound system combo device, of course.

46" actually. The condo isn't that big.

But yah, the new Sony Bravia.  You turn it on, it bounces around a bit, says
"Hey, I'm a 46" TV!  I'm gonna go black now to finish configuration of the
hardware..."   It then reboots. Then it says "Hey, do the initial setup,
including telling me your network settings and all."  Then it says "Thanks
for the configuration! Now I'm gonna reboot!"   Then it comes back and says
"Hey, there's new firmware, do you want it?"  10%...30%...100%... "I'm gonna
reboot to install the firmware!"