POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Message 28 to 37 of 57)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Date: 27 Sep 2011 17:05:04
Message: <4e823a80$1@news.povray.org>
>> But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts behaving in a
>> completely illogical manner.
>
> I think the point of ep3 was that with all the stress Annikin was under,
> his reaction was perfectly rational and logical.

It's clear Anakin was being manipulated. It's clear the Jedi Council
were less than supportive towards him, and he deeply resented it. It's
clear he was deeply conflicted. And it's also clear that despite
everything, he still felt loyal to the Jedi.

Until that one scene where suddenly, for no apparent reason, he just
switches sides and never looks back. It's as if the writers ran out of
time to write the story properly or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I doubt that Quigon could have known that he was a good diplomat 45
> seconds after having met him. Even if he really was...

  Quigon is a jedi.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:05:04 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts behaving in a
>>> completely illogical manner.
>>
>> I think the point of ep3 was that with all the stress Annikin was
>> under, his reaction was perfectly rational and logical.
>
> It's clear Anakin was being manipulated. It's clear the Jedi Council
> were less than supportive towards him, and he deeply resented it. It's
> clear he was deeply conflicted. And it's also clear that despite
> everything, he still felt loyal to the Jedi.

He was manipulated by both sides.

> Until that one scene where suddenly, for no apparent reason, he just
> switches sides and never looks back. It's as if the writers ran out of
> time to write the story properly or something...

Well, no, he eventually reached a point where, as you say, "something
snapped" - and the pressure applied because of the death of his mother
and his perception that Obi-Wan was betraying him pushed him over the
edge.

In real life, people can take only so much before they break.  Annikin
reached his breaking point, and the push took him more towards the 'dark
side' than not - as he was manipulated through his emotions and his
emotions ultimately took over.

Luke made a similar journey, but proved to be stronger than his father,
and chose not to go to the dark side.

Jim

Post a reply to this message