POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Data transfer (Message 11 to 20 of 195)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Data transfer
Date: 12 Sep 2011 18:58:44
Message: <4e6e8ea4$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/12/2011 14:39, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I've never used Skype. But I've used various IM clients. And my point is,
> they all tend to be inexplicably slow to transfer files.

They're generally not transferring directly between machines, since your
machine is normally behind a NAT. There's a server with a public IP address
in between.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Sep 2011 19:00:05
Message: <4e6e8ef5$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/12/2011 15:56, Darren New wrote:
> Transferring files in Windows is trivial. You RDP into the other machine,

Which works, btw, even through NAT, thanks to Torreno or whatever it's called.