POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 13 Sep 2011 02:57:58
Message: <4e6efef6$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/12/2011 06:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:17:02 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any Unix system which *defaults* to letting remote
>> users access the entire filesystem if they know the root password.
>> Probably because it's a stunningly bad idea, unless the local network is
>> trusted. But anyway...
>
> Every unix system can do this with something like sshfs installed - on
> the client side only - and sshd running on the server.
>
> Jim
yep .. that's what I use to get/put files between my system and the pov
server ... both are "nix" machines. The ssh is just used to establish a
secure connection, but the underlaying protocol is ftp to transfer
files. BTW: there are windows versions of the the same tool set ...
stelnet, sftp (etc) that I used when I was exclusive on a doze box