POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Hell (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Invisible
Subject: Hell
Date: 23 Aug 2011 04:12:58
Message: <4e53610a$1@news.povray.org>
Uh, I mean "Dell".

At one point, I was given a new account manager. Somebody who actually
speaks English, and who gives a **** about trying to keep me happy.

Unfortunately, I have somehow lost him and been put back with the
Iranian guy who doesn't speak English properly and is only interested in
getting money out of me (and not, for example, actually delivering the
products I've paid for).

Yesterday I received the following email:

    Are  you  in  a  position  to  order  this  today .
    I'm  in  office  till  5:30 GMT

The message was sent as plain text. Note how every word has *two* spaces
instead of one. Note also the space before the full-stop (which should
obviously have been a question mark anyway). Note the lack of
punctuation in the second sentence.

Note also that the current timezone in the UK is actually BST, which is
GMT+1. Now I'm left wondering whether he *actually* meant 5:30 GMT, or
whether he in fact meant 5:30 BST (which would be 4:30 GMT).

If only I could figure out how to get rid of this loser and get back the
*good* account manager. Or better yet, how to get rid of Dell completely
and deal with a *professional* hardware supplier...

Post a reply to this message