POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Password difficulty Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Password difficulty (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Chambers
Subject: Password difficulty
Date: 10 Aug 2011 22:27:53
Message: <4e433e29$1@news.povray.org>
I thought this was funny, since there was the recent discussion on
password strength...

http://xkcd.com/936/

Correctly demonstrates that the important facet is the sheer length of
the password :)

(Assuming that the person trying to crack it doesn't take a stab at
solving for combinations of simple words like this before they go brute
force on your a**)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message