POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  The other OS (Message 31 to 40 of 130)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: The other OS
Date: 4 Aug 2011 17:16:54
Message: <4e3b0c46@news.povray.org>
> OK, I guess what I was really asking is why it's still considered the
> most powerful editor *today*.

  There aren't many text editors even today that reach the same level
of expressiveness.

  Most software development IDEs have editors that do a lot of things
(like syntax highlighting and such) but are not even nearly as powerful
as emacs. (The most annoying thing that they usually lack is the same
kind of autoindentation as emacs has had for centuries.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message