POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Tangled Web Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  A Tangled Web (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: A Tangled Web
Date: 25 Jul 2011 11:50:00
Message: <web.4e2d8fd7c5f9864085627c70@news.povray.org>
Oh what a tangled web we reap,
When first we practice to be cheap!

I haven't updated my web page design freeware in an embarrassingly long time.
Generic web searches on the topic produce huge numbers of results, many of which

friendly folks who HAVE been keeping up on the topic (as I really SHOULD have
been) will offer some suggestions.

My needs are fairly basic.  I can work with HTML up to moderate levels of

do the simple stuff without having to resort to hand coding.

convenient to have something that works with frames for a couple of sites I have
to update occasionally.

The one thing that I REALLY want to avoid is automatic massive recoding of the
sort Microsoft is infamous for.  (I still vividly remember my first experience

working at home and needed to make a trivial adjustment to a column width or
some such while at work.  I made this adjustment in Office and saved, only to

changes, including rewriting all of the image references so that they no longer
functioned.)

BTW, I do already have and use Open Office as a very basic starting point.
Thanks in advance for all replies.

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message