POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Tangled Web : Re: A Tangled Web Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Tangled Web
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jul 2011 14:40:01
Message: <web.4e2f0918b89da9bf9a1bcfb90@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Ever tried Wordpress, the very clean and flexible open-source CMS behind many
> > blogs and websites?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a look and found out that if I wanted to
> develop a blog, this is one mighty impressive piece of freeware. I also found
> out that a great deal of the functionality that I was hoping to find is
> available... *SOMEWHERE* amongst literally thousands of available plug-ins that
> are kinda-sorta searchable.

That's because you're doing it wrong:  forget about manual html coding, focus on
content.  That's what Wordpress is about.  I suggest you start a dummy "blog"
there just to get the hang of it.  It is a blog if you make "posts", it is a
website if you make pages, both seamlessly supported with Wordpress.  You don't
code at all, unless you want to.  Wordpress' Dashboard for users is also an
incredible piece of web 3.0 wysiwyg editing, much akin to that of Composer.

All the work regarding extra plugins is up to the admin, not the one crafting a
website with such powerful and straightforward tool.  In any case, Wordpress
default install is already solid gold.