POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Tangled Web : Re: A Tangled Web Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Tangled Web
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 26 Jul 2011 11:40:00
Message: <web.4e2edf4fb89da9bf85627c70@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Ever tried Wordpress, the very clean and flexible open-source CMS behind many
> blogs and websites?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a look and found out that if I wanted to
develop a blog, this is one mighty impressive piece of freeware. I also found
out that a great deal of the functionality that I was hoping to find is
available... *SOMEWHERE* amongst literally thousands of available plug-ins that
are kinda-sorta searchable.  Although I certainly have NOT forgotten that one
should be grateful for FREEware and not complain about limitations, I am hoping
to get a few rather mundane projects done fairly quickly without a lot of
searching and experimentation.

I may, however, have found the answer to my own question.  It seems that I may
have been ignoring the 800-pound Mozilla in the room.  The last time I took a

thought much about it since.  It seems that most, if not all, of my objections
have been answered in 2.2, which is now much better at dealing with CSS menus,
layers and the like.  Also, it seems that the features that I might want to add
can be had from just a few easy-to-locate add-ons. Hopefully, this info might
prove helpful to someone in a similar position.

Best Regards,
Mike C.