POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cold boot Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Cold boot (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Invisible
Subject: Cold boot
Date: 26 Jul 2011 08:27:50
Message: <4e2eb2c6@news.povray.org>
http://citp.princeton.edu/pub/coldboot.pdf

No, it's not new. But yes, it /is/ kinda scary. :-D

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Cold boot
Date: 26 Jul 2011 12:04:26
Message: <4e2ee58a$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/26/2011 5:27, Invisible wrote:
> http://citp.princeton.edu/pub/coldboot.pdf
>
> No, it's not new. But yes, it /is/ kinda scary. :-D

In other news, if a hacker steals the password you have written on a sticky
note affixed to the laptop, you're screwed. :-)  Also, beware thieves
carrying large flasks of liquid nitrogen through the airport.

Why are you carrying sensitive information around on a laptop anyway? Given
that 99.44% of the time that information isn't encrypted to start with, and
99.44% of the time the thief steals the laptop for the hardware and not the
data, I think that most people have nothing to worry about.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message