POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cold boot : Re: Cold boot Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cold boot
From: Warp
Date: 26 Jul 2011 12:29:59
Message: <4e2eeb87@news.povray.org>
> Why are you carrying sensitive information around on a laptop anyway?

  I can imagine a scenario where a employee of a company uses his laptop
to connect to some not-so-important computer of the company (over a secure
connection, of course), and this might open a way for a pro hacker to
access the company's more important servers if he gets access to the
laptop and with that the login/password to that computer (which might
itself not contain anything crucial, but which might make it much easier
to then hack into the more important systems inside the company).

  Far-fetched? Yes. Impossible? No. I'm almost 100% certain incidents not
unlike this have happened many times in the history of computers.

--
                                                          - Warp