POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random fact of the day Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Random fact of the day (Message 41 to 50 of 56)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Random fact of the day
Date: 6 Jun 2011 12:21:09
Message: <4decfe75$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2011 13:32, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I had presumed this carried over from MS-DOS
> (although I couldn't say what version).

Version 2.0 introduced directories, as well as the path-like calls (i.e.,
where you pass the file name as a UNIXy string rather than a FCB).

Version 3.22 was the first that actually looked at the control information
in the boot sector to decide how many sectors were on the floppy and such.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message