POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random fact of the day : Re: Random fact of the day Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random fact of the day
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jun 2011 15:52:32
Message: <4ded3000$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/6/2011 11:10, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Actually, last time I tried it, you can't do this in Windows either.

Not only can you dismount it, when you remount it, you have the same cwd.

Since every drive has a cwd, it would be impossible to dismount any drive if
you couldn't dismount one where you had a cwd set.

>> How come every time you come across legacy support, you say it's a
>> kludge or a wtf or a random? :-)
>
> What was a good idea 40 years ago is not necessarily a good idea today.

That doesn't make it a kludge or a wtf or a random. It makes it an idea
whose time has passed.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like