POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Only two weeks until the End of the World (Message 78 to 87 of 97)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
Date: 22 May 2011 01:40:00
Message: <web.4dd8a0ce26200428c274a64d0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just the
> same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time either.

BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?

http://www.familyradio.com/

wonder if the world ended for them.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 22 May 2011 01:55:01
Message: <web.4dd8a4d026200428c274a64d0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just the
> > same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time either.
>
> BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?
>
> http://www.familyradio.com/
>
> wonder if the world ended for them.

nevermind, seems they are in trouble:

http://m.ibtimes.com/family-radio-financials-under-focus-scrutiny-epic-failure-doomsday-prediction-149760.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 22 May 2011 02:17:38
Message: <op.vvvc3nkjufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:53:20 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> > I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just
>> the
>> > same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time
>> either.
>>
>> BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?
>>
>> http://www.familyradio.com/
>>
>> wonder if the world ended for them.
>
> nevermind, seems they are in trouble:

http://m.ibtimes.com/family-radio-financials-under-focus-scrutiny-epic-failure-doomsday-prediction-149760.html

It seems he's the only one that has been "raptured"... ;D

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 22 May 2011 03:08:12
Message: <4dd8b65c@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?

> http://www.familyradio.com/

> wonder if the world ended for them.

  At least their tract is still online:
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 May 2011 12:32:49
Message: <4dd93ab1$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 21 May 2011 17:24:33 -0400, Warp wrote:

> I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just the
> same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time
> either.

Seemed to be a pretty nice day yesterday, all things considered.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 May 2011 18:37:10
Message: <4dd99016$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/21/2011 10:53 PM, nemesis wrote:
> "nemesis"<nam### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> Warp<war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>>> I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just the
>>> same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time either.
>>
>> BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?
>>
>> http://www.familyradio.com/
>>
>> wonder if the world ended for them.
>
> nevermind, seems they are in trouble:

http://m.ibtimes.com/family-radio-financials-under-focus-scrutiny-epic-failure-doomsday-prediction-149760.html

Like I told someone on some site that "discusses" this sort of nonsense,
unless they can prove he knew, or knew that the end would have brought
failure to financial institutions, thus making all the money he
collected worthless, or, I forget to mention this one actually, that he
wasn't a priest, suing the bastard on fraud would be nearly impossible.
Suing him for case by case situations resulting from deaths, i.e.,
"wrongful death", is more likely, but still problematic. Thank Zod we
opted to protect the state from religion, and them from the state, to so
great an extent that they are effectively immune to prosecution for
nearly *everything*...

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 24 May 2011 12:25:01
Message: <web.4ddbdbb726200428773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
update:  seems we're already under Judgement Day and it'll endure until October
21st, when the party finally ends!

http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/whoops-the-rapture-is-actually-october-21st/

so hold tight! :p

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 24 May 2011 13:01:36
Message: <op.vvzv8wxqufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:24:23 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> update:  seems we're already under Judgement Day and it'll endure until
> October
> 21st, when the party finally ends!
>
> http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/whoops-the-rapture-is-actually-october-21st/
>
> so hold tight! :p

He never learns. After Oct 21 it'll probably be sometime 2012...

:p',

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 24 May 2011 13:13:13
Message: <4ddbe729@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:24:23 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > update:  seems we're already under Judgement Day and it'll endure until
> > October
> > 21st, when the party finally ends!
> >
> > http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/whoops-the-rapture-is-actually-october-21st/
> >
> > so hold tight! :p
> >
> He never learns. After Oct 21 it'll probably be sometime 2012...

  It reminds me of the House of Yahweh. They predicted that a nuclear war
will surely happen in 2006 (September, I think). When it didn't happen,
they said that the chain of events leading to the nuclear war started on
that date, and that in 9 months 80% of the world's population would be
wiped out by the nuclear war. When it didn't happen in 9 months, it was
once again extended to 11 months. After it didn't happen then either, they
still struggled about it for a few months more, but have then more or less
quietly dropped the whole issue. (Although you can still get the tracts and
books about it from them. I don't know what their explanation is for why
these materials are still calling it to happen in 2006, yet they are still
offering them today, in 2011.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 May 2011 13:37:34
Message: <4ddbecde$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 May 2011 12:24:23 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> update:  seems we're already under Judgement Day and it'll endure until
> October 21st, when the party finally ends!
>
> http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/whoops-the-rapture-is-actually-
october-21st/

> so hold tight! :p

Yeah, because the problem is *entirely* that he can't do math. <shaking
head>

(Yes, I know you're not agreeing with him, I just had to say this
*somewhere*).

Jim