POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World : Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 May 2011 18:37:10
Message: <4dd99016$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/21/2011 10:53 PM, nemesis wrote:
> "nemesis"<nam### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> Warp<war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>>> I look out of my window. No post-apocalyptic barren landscape. Just the
>>> same old one. I suppose the end of the world didn't happen this time either.
>>
>> BTW, is anyone able to access the website of the preachers?
>>
>> http://www.familyradio.com/
>>
>> wonder if the world ended for them.
>
> nevermind, seems they are in trouble:

http://m.ibtimes.com/family-radio-financials-under-focus-scrutiny-epic-failure-doomsday-prediction-149760.html

Like I told someone on some site that "discusses" this sort of nonsense,
unless they can prove he knew, or knew that the end would have brought
failure to financial institutions, thus making all the money he
collected worthless, or, I forget to mention this one actually, that he
wasn't a priest, suing the bastard on fraud would be nearly impossible.
Suing him for case by case situations resulting from deaths, i.e.,
"wrongful death", is more likely, but still problematic. Thank Zod we
opted to protect the state from religion, and them from the state, to so
great an extent that they are effectively immune to prosecution for
nearly *everything*...