POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World : Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
From: Warp
Date: 24 May 2011 13:13:13
Message: <4ddbe729@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:24:23 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > update:  seems we're already under Judgement Day and it'll endure until
> > October
> > 21st, when the party finally ends!
> >
> > http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/whoops-the-rapture-is-actually-october-21st/
> >
> > so hold tight! :p
> >
> He never learns. After Oct 21 it'll probably be sometime 2012...

  It reminds me of the House of Yahweh. They predicted that a nuclear war
will surely happen in 2006 (September, I think). When it didn't happen,
they said that the chain of events leading to the nuclear war started on
that date, and that in 9 months 80% of the world's population would be
wiped out by the nuclear war. When it didn't happen in 9 months, it was
once again extended to 11 months. After it didn't happen then either, they
still struggled about it for a few months more, but have then more or less
quietly dropped the whole issue. (Although you can still get the tracts and
books about it from them. I don't know what their explanation is for why
these materials are still calling it to happen in 2006, yet they are still
offering them today, in 2011.)

--
                                                          - Warp