POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Only two weeks until the End of the World (Message 8 to 17 of 97)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
Date: 6 May 2011 12:58:39
Message: <4dc428bf$1@news.povray.org>
I'm still hoping to find someone to option their house to me for a nominal
sum. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 6 May 2011 13:42:33
Message: <4dc43309$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/05/2011 5:58 PM, Darren New wrote:
> The same way as the other dozens of times they did something like this.
> I remember at least four in my lifetime alone.

The world ended in march 1982 IIRC when all the planets were on the same
side of the sun.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 May 2011 17:11:01
Message: <4dc463e5$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/6/2011 7:47 AM, Warp wrote:
>    If you have been following any of the crazy things that are happening
> in the United States, one of the latest fads is this prophecy that the
> end of the world, as told by the bible, is going to happen 21st of this
> month, ie. two weeks from now. The people behind this "prophecy" are so
> serious about it that it's not confined to the internet, but in the US
> there are big billboards announcing it, not to talk about TV and other
> media. They have made it a rather big thing. (I'm sure you'll find this
> on google if you didn't know about it already.)
>
>    I'll be taking bets on how they will explain it away when it will not
> happen. (I suppose it will go something along the lines of "God, in his
> infinite mercy, took pity on us and has given us more time to repent
> before the rapture really happens".)

I think I like, sort of, the Assassin's Creed version of the event. Its
the point where we finally sell ourselves permanently to the nut cases,
allowing them to do all our thinking for us, or throw them out of power
once and for all. So.. when are the elections coming? I don't think it
was as soon as the 21st of this month...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 May 2011 17:59:52
Message: <4dc46f58$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 06 May 2011 10:47:40 -0400, Warp wrote:

> one of the latest fads is this prophecy that the end of the world, as
> told by the bible, is going to happen 21st of this month,

Hmmm, guess I don't need to find a new job after all. ;)

Since my new social security card won't get here until the 20th (at the
latest), and I need that to complete the paperwork to be hired by
someone, that's just 1 workday.

Maybe I can find someone selling a Bugatti for a few dollars since they
won't be needing it any more. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 6 May 2011 19:52:13
Message: <4dc489ad@news.povray.org>
On 5/6/2011 14:59, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Since my new social security card won't get here until the 20th

Why do you need a new social security card? You're in the USA, yes?

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 7 May 2011 01:15:10
Message: <op.vu3h7hrxufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 06 May 2011 16:47:40 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   If you have been following any of the crazy things that are happening
> in the United States, one of the latest fads is this prophecy that the
> end of the world, as told by the bible, is going to happen 21st of this
> month, ie. two weeks from now. The people behind this "prophecy" are so
> serious about it that it's not confined to the internet, but in the US
> there are big billboards announcing it, not to talk about TV and other
> media. They have made it a rather big thing. (I'm sure you'll find this
> on google if you didn't know about it already.)
>
>   I'll be taking bets on how they will explain it away when it will not
> happen. (I suppose it will go something along the lines of "God, in his
> infinite mercy, took pity on us and has given us more time to repent
> before the rapture really happens".)

"It's the end of the world as we know it"

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 May 2011 01:21:13
Message: <4dc4d6c9@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 06 May 2011 16:52:10 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 5/6/2011 14:59, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Since my new social security card won't get here until the 20th
>
> Why do you need a new social security card? You're in the USA, yes?

Yes.  All the jobs I've had in the past, when it came time to do the
paperwork, they wanted the SS card.  At least that's what I remember, but
if anything, it's an excuse to take a couple of weeks and not make a
hasty decision.  I don't need to rush, for once, I can take my time while
not having to focus on job responsibilities.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: the End of the World will be:
Date: 7 May 2011 03:39:01
Message: <op.vu3ou3m9ufxv4h@go-dynamite>
Definitely not any of the following:
2012

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 7 May 2011 04:01:03
Message: <op.vu3pvyzwufxv4h@go-dynamite>
http://ddig.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/harold-camping-a-fraud/

Is Harold camping making money out of this somehow?
He first claimed the end of the world in 1994.

Why are Christians listening to some-one that ignores scriptures Matt.

24:36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the ang
els in

heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

--

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 7 May 2011 05:19:21
Message: <4dc50e98@news.povray.org>
> I'm still hoping to find someone to option their house to me for a nominal
> sum. :-)

  Yeah, why don't the people behind this "prophecy" put their money where
their mouth is: If they are so damn sure that the end is in two weeks, why
don't they give all their property or sell it for a nominal sum? It's not
like they will need it for anything, if it really happens.

  If they don't, that's a clear sign that they don't *really* believe it
will happen.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>