POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 31 to 40 of 452)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 13 Apr 2011 14:01:37
Message: <4da5e501$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/04/13 12:03, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:27:59 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/08/31/feedback-t-rex-and-
> humans
>>
>> I literally can't decide whether this is serious or not.
>
> They are serious - it does look a lot like someone's having a joke, but
> young-Earth creationists really do believe in the literal truth of the
> bible as a historic record of how the Earth and humanity came into
> existence, and anything to the contrary is rejected because it isn't
> consistent with the bible.
>
> Jim

Even if there is something that can be called "God", and that thing is
unfailible.
It's "teatchings" where reported by some men, who are failible.
The bible was recorded by failible men.
It's content was passed by oral tradition for over a millenia, with all
the changes and morfing that this imply.
Peoples with somewhat similar names are often merged into one.
Peoples with somewhat similar stories can also get merged into one,
keeping the most memorable name.
The languages used did change a LOT in that time.
The writen form was translated countless times.

Each step does bring some alterations.

Now, how can you view that kind of text?

Alain

Post a reply to this message