From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Apr 2011 15:50:51
Message: <4da5fe9b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:47:21 -0400, Alain wrote:

> Le 2011/04/12 19:10, Jim Henderson a écrit :
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:31:59 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>
>>> When exactly are we going to stop accepting the endless and constant
>>> bullshit,
>>
>> Never, because there will always be people who will take 'belief' over
>> 'knowledge' because they've been conditioned to do so.
>>
>> Jim
>
> They take beleif over knowlege because they thing that the beleif IS
> proven knowlege, and actual knowlege is suputations and dreamings or
> even some kind of fraud.

I don't think that's the case, honestly - they think that belief
*supercedes* proven knowledge, and that if one has faith, one doesn't
need pesky scientific facts.  The belief seems to be that what has been
revealed by God to them will be borne out by the facts once we have them
all, and we just don't have all the facts yet.

"Belief" is the antithesis of "knowledge" as far as I'm concerned.

Jim