From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Apr 2011 15:53:51
Message: <4da5ff4f@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:01:37 -0400, Alain wrote:

> Le 2011/04/13 12:03, Jim Henderson a écrit :
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:27:59 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/08/31/feedback-t-rex-
and-
>> humans
>>>
>>> I literally can't decide whether this is serious or not.
>>
>> They are serious - it does look a lot like someone's having a joke, but
>> young-Earth creationists really do believe in the literal truth of the
>> bible as a historic record of how the Earth and humanity came into
>> existence, and anything to the contrary is rejected because it isn't
>> consistent with the bible.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Even if there is something that can be called "God", and that thing is
> unfailible.
> It's "teatchings" where reported by some men, who are failible. The
> bible was recorded by failible men. It's content was passed by oral
> tradition for over a millenia, with all the changes and morfing that
> this imply. Peoples with somewhat similar names are often merged into
> one. Peoples with somewhat similar stories can also get merged into one,
> keeping the most memorable name.
> The languages used did change a LOT in that time. The writen form was
> translated countless times.
>
> Each step does bring some alterations.
>
> Now, how can you view that kind of text?

At best, as an incomplete history (some would even say 'anthology of
various mythological stories") spread originally through oral traditions
(which IIRC is how it started), and just like the telephone game, the
message gets corrupted a little bit more with each retelling.

Personally, I see it as pure literature that is mostly fiction, with just
enough truth in it to make the masses follow along.

Jim