POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet research problem #45784 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Internet research problem #45784 (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Invisible
Subject: Internet research problem #45784
Date: 6 Apr 2011 06:57:54
Message: <4d9c4732$1@news.povray.org>
The Internet is a great source of information. Sometimes.

But you know what I hate? You do a Google search for something like
"program X crashes when I try to do Y", and you get a thousand hits, all
of which are different web interfaces to the exact same newsgroup post
from a guy using a different version of the software, who got no useful
replies to his question.

Worse, all these web interfaces are 10% content and 90% adverts.

Worse still, a few of these sites show you the question and say "sign up
for only $X/month to find out what the solution to this program is".

And then there are the ones that say "you searched for 'program X
crashes when I try to do Y'. CLICK HERE to fix your PC!"

Occasionally you'll get an MS knowledge base article which actually
tells you how to fix the damned problem. But don't hold your breath.
(Especially if what you're using isn't the newest, shiniest version of
their product.)

Post a reply to this message

> The Internet is a great source of information. Sometimes.
>
> But you know what I hate? You do a Google search for something like
> "program X crashes when I try to do Y", and you get a thousand hits, all
> of which are different web interfaces to the exact same newsgroup post
> from a guy using a different version of the software, who got no useful
> replies to his question.
>
> Worse, all these web interfaces are 10% content and 90% adverts.
>
> Worse still, a few of these sites show you the question and say "sign up
> for only $X/month to find out what the solution to this program is".
>
> And then there are the ones that say "you searched for 'program X
> crashes when I try to do Y'. CLICK HERE to fix your PC!"
>
> Occasionally you'll get an MS knowledge base article which actually
> tells you how to fix the damned problem. But don't hold your breath.
> (Especially if what you're using isn't the newest, shiniest version of
> their product.)

Or the fact that the nature of the problem makes the microsoft KB
article unuseable.

By the way, anybody know how to repair the windows fonts folder that
stopped to works as intended? I can't install new fonts and the folder
acts just like a regular folder. On Win XP.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> The Internet is a great source of information. Sometimes.
>
> But you know what I hate? You do a Google search for something like
> "program X crashes when I try to do Y", and you get a thousand hits, all
> of which are different web interfaces to the exact same newsgroup post
> from a guy using a different version of the software, who got no useful
> replies to his question.
>
> Worse, all these web interfaces are 10% content and 90% adverts.

true.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message