POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet research problem #45784 : Re: Internet research problem #45784 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet research problem #45784
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Apr 2011 22:15:40
Message: <4d9d1e4c$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:57:54 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> But you know what I hate? You do a Google search for something like
> "program X crashes when I try to do Y", and you get a thousand hits, all
> of which are different web interfaces to the exact same newsgroup post
> from a guy using a different version of the software, who got no useful
> replies to his question.

Yep, and often times refining the search terms from a 'natural language'
formation of the question (which doesn't work so well with Google) to a
keyword search doesn't remove that one person's request in 15,000
different places (often times one question on one mailing list that's
archived in multiple places around the 'net, I've observed).

Jim