POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Better than average Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Better than average (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Better than average
Date: 9 Mar 2011 10:18:19
Message: <4d779a3b$1@news.povray.org>
Sometimes it's interesting to take the management emails and translate
them into their /actual/ meanings...

"The past few months have seen revenues consistently above budget."

(We managed to convince the finance guys to set the targets *so low*
that we actually managed to meet them for once.)

(It's been so long since we earned any money that this paltry sum seems
impressive to us now.)

"In the YTD, UK revenues are 29% ahead of budget"

(We really set it low this time.)

"and 62% ahead of this time last year."

(We had almost no business last year.)

"This is a good result reflecting an improved study mix."

(Improved study mix = we actually *had* some studies.)

Sorry, management power-speak just irks me...

Post a reply to this message