POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Better than average : Re: Better than average Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better than average
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2011 13:28:44
Message: <4d77c6dc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> "The past few months have seen revenues consistently above budget."
>
> (We managed to convince the finance guys to set the targets *so low*
> that we actually managed to meet them for once.)

A budget is what you plan to spend, not what you plan to earn.

> "In the YTD, UK revenues are 29% ahead of budget"

In other words, you actually took in 29% more money than you planned to have
spent. So you're profitable with 29% profit, assuming you spent the same
amount you planned to spend. It has nothing to do with how much you "set it"
at, except to the extent that you fired people, deferred fixing equipment, etc.

Scott wrote:
 > Comparing to last year/month is pointless,

It makes sense in a seasonal business. Most businesses are at least a bit
seasonal.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"