POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... Server Time
28 Oct 2024 17:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Be very afraid... (Message 16 to 25 of 65)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Be very afraid...
Date: 22 Sep 2009 16:53:07
Message: <4ab93933@news.povray.org>
scott escreveu:
>> Most games just precompute GI. (Usually at too low resolution...)
>
> This is fine if nothing moves or changes colour in your game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqeXuO2AlEE

http://www.crytek.com/fileadmin/user_upload/inside/presentations/2009/Light_Propagation_Volumes.pdf

A GPU implementation of instant radiosity presented at this year's
SIGRAPH.  Yeah, objects move around and affect GI.  be very afraid...

Of course, that's only in the triangle mesh-world, not in the world of
perfect sphere surfaces...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message