POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Sep 2009 04:24:09
Message: <4abb2ca9@news.povray.org>
>> I liked Crysis more than HL2, so I guess it's up to what you want out
>> of a game.
>
> Same here; I'm about halfway through Ep1, and I just haven't picked it
> up in more than a week.

HL2 was technically astonishing. (Remember, at the time the only other
game I'd played was HL1. Oh, and Quake II.) But it wasn't all that much
fun to actually play.

HL2:EP1 added even better graphics, but wasn't greatly more fun to play.
(God I hate zombies!)

HL2:EP2 was graphically better still, but - far more importantly - it
was *fun*! I actually played it more than once. (Didn't do that with HL2
or HL2:EP1.) The final battle is absurdly difficult, but other than
that, it's really rather entertaining.