POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox is strange Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Firefox is strange (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Firefox is strange
Date: 15 Sep 2009 07:50:54
Message: <4aaf7f9e$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know when this started happening, but when I run Firefox it
seems to be using an awful lot of CPU power and thrashing the HD quite a
bit. Even when I haven't asked it to do anything. And when I close it,
the window disappears, but it still shows up in Task Manage (and using
quite a bit of CPU power) for about 30 seconds afterwards, and then it
shuts.

Anybody have any idea why?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I don't know when this started happening, but when I run Firefox it
> seems to be using an awful lot of CPU power and thrashing the HD quite a
> bit. Even when I haven't asked it to do anything. And when I close it,
> the window disappears, but it still shows up in Task Manage (and using
> quite a bit of CPU power) for about 30 seconds afterwards, and then it
> shuts.
>
> Anybody have any idea why?
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

That sounds suspicious to me.  What version?  Have you tried running it in safe
mode with your add-ons disabled, and seeing if it does the same thing?

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message