POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 1 to 10 of 452)
From: Warp
Subject: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 12 Apr 2011 17:06:15
Message: <4da4bec7@news.povray.org>
Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
frightening...

http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-progresses-006545
http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 12 Apr 2011 17:10:47
Message: <4da4bfd7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2011 10:06 PM, Warp wrote:
>    Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>

> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469

B*gg*er! I'm going there in a couple of months.
I'd better keep my mouth shut. :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Apr 2011 17:27:31
Message: <4da4c3c3@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:06:15 -0400, Warp wrote:

> Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-
progresses-006545
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389

It's frightening.  Rationality has gone out of the window for some of our
more fundamentalist states.

Sadly, that includes Utah, where I currently live.  We're making plans to
move to Oregon in the next 12-18 months.  We just went on vacation there
(and really liked the area we're thinking of moving to), and on the drive
back, I knew we were in Utah when I saw the first anti-evolution
billboard.

Jim

Post a reply to this message