From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Apr 2011 00:34:34
Message: <4da527da$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:59:01 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 4/12/2011 14:27, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> It's frightening.  Rationality has gone out of the window for some of
>> our more fundamentalist states.
>
> That's rather tautological.

Well, yes, sadly, it is.

> I thought we'd already dealt with this at the supreme court level?

Apparently these states don't think Scopes applies any more, and what's
more, we've got 4 judges on SCOTUS that seem more than happy to disregard
earlier verdicts, and are rather pleased with themselves that there is no
appeal - and that they ultimately have the final say.

It's a sick perversion of what SCOTUS was supposed to be, IMHO.

Jim