From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Apr 2011 18:32:21
Message: <4da4d2f5$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/12/2011 2:06 PM, Warp wrote:
>    Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-progresses-006545
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389

Hmm. Finished "Assassin's Creed" recently, then found a Youtube on the
symbols and stuff at the end. Buggers that believe in the Illuminati are
just as crazy as certain Regressives, especially the Faux Teaparty that
got elected so big last time around, but the explanation of the "end of
the world" made perfect sense to me for the game. Its not the end of
existence, its a moment at which we find we have to choose between open
knowledge, and making choices based on having that, or allowing someone
else to corral the "lower classes" permanently, using lies,
misinformation, and propaganda, on a scale never before possible.

The Regressive party has chosen which side they are on, the old style
Republicans that *thought* they represented their party find they can't
do anything, and the Democrats have more than there share of the same
sort, with different dogma, with those that could effect things lacking
the guts to do anything, willingly allowing themselves to be pushed
around by misinformation and lies, as long as they can win some small
concessions in the process.

So.. When exactly are we going to stop accepting the endless and
constant bullshit, and all the false morality/ethics/prosperity those
give, and make choices based on clear, non-made up, no, you don't get to
have your own evidence, even if you do have a different opinion, facts,
instead. Or, do we let everything turn into Fox News, World Nut Daily
(World News Daily), and the various other sorts that do stupid shit like
lie about what others have said?

In the case of WND, post a claimed "non-photoshopped" image of Obama's
grand parents without him in it, complete with part of his knee, an
extra arm, and suspiciously repeating patterns in the background, where
they failed to use the clone tool properly, then later stated "some"
meaning only this one case, "articles we publish may not be factual."
Sort of like Santorim's (not sure if that name is right) 'minor'
exaggeration of Planned Parenthood's abortion services from 3% of their
operations to 90%, which was, "not intended to be a factual statement." O.o

Maybe not, but half a million idiots will be repeating it *as* factual
for the next 50 years, because they, like the Regressive party they vote
for, have opted for lies and deceit, over actual knowledge. Its so much
easier to be told what to think, and simply accept it without question,
then find out the real facts, and decide who is and isn't a credible
source of information. For some people, this is just too much strain in
the US. :( And, it doesn't help when half of your parents generation
say, "Well, they all lie to you, and they are all the same", so it
hardly matters that now a lie can reach 300 million people in 4 seconds,
where 20 years ago it would have had to at least put on some running
shoes, to get half that far in a single day. Man, my father pisses me
off some times when trying to talk to him about some things... True or
not, today ***it matters*** who is lying to you more, more often, and
about what, because its not just 200 idiots at a speech hearing it, its
100 million people listening to someone talk about the speech, and lie
about everything in it, over radio, and TV, and blogs, etc, for weeks
after, most of them unwilling to watch the full speech, check the facts,
or look for numbers, which are not provided by the same people lying
about the contents.